Monday, November 12, 2012

Port #12: Montevideo, Uruguay


I had high hopes for Uruguay.  My expectations were met.  Montevideo, the southern most capital city in this hemisphere was much smaller than Buenos Aires.  It was much more manageable.  Once getting off the ship, I took a jog on the Rambla – a biking/walking/jogging the length of the city on the river. It carried on for miles upon miles – literally.  Before understanding the length of the Rambla, I thought I would do the whole thing.  After four hours of jogging and walking, I headed into the city for breakfast.  From here, I traversed just about the whole of the ne and old city before reaching the ship to shower and change for supper. 

Day 2 was spent on a Semester at Sea trip to visit museums and the beach resort town of Punta Del Este.  Not much to report from here except that vacationing in Punta Del Este needs to be on the list if you are interested in a genuine beach vacation.

The last day was another city day of walking around, eating, walking some more, eating some more, spending the last of the pesos, etc.  



No comments:

Post a Comment