Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Port #13: Rio, Brasil


As soon as getting off the ship in Buenos Aires, I was on a bus heading to a small beach community several hours away from the bustling metropolis.  Buzios is on a peninsula and is absolutely gorgeous.  The rocky and forested land juts out into the Atlantic and has at least a dozen amazing beaches.  My time in Buzios was spent exploring many of the beaches and visiting the small downtown with fantastic shops and restaurants.  The limited time spent in Buzios was not enough!  I am already planning my return trip.













For my last day in Rio, I met up with two students, Nick and Sara.  Even in the pouring rain we trekked into the city to explore the sights.  We visited Corcovado (Christ The Redeemer statue), Ipanema and Copacabana (two white-sand beaches in the heart of the city), and the most famous artistic stairs in the world – the Selaron stairs.  Although we were drenched for most the day, it was wonderful walking around the city and spending some time with the two of them – two of my favorite students…  






No comments:

Post a Comment