Sunday, October 14, 2012

Flirting with Exercise

I had envisioned a voyage of discovery and transformation prior to embarking.  It has been nothing short of that – in many different aspects of my life.  Part of that transformation was going to happen through exercise.  I was going to transform my body via P90X.  That has yet to happen.  My commitment to Tony Horton and the P90X program has waned substantially.  However, I’ve flirted with many other types of exercising.  This is a wide, wide world and after dabbling in many experiences have realized that, for me, being in a group environment is much more successful than attempting it solo.  I’ve attempted or engaged in various ‘programs’ including P90X, Insanity, and CrossFit.  And, I’ve worked out with several groups of people for conditioning or weightlifting.  It will be interesting to see how the rest of this voyage unfolds as we will have many more days at sea – where the working-out tends to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment